About True Blue Home Inspections
Chicago Home Inspector Jim Clark
Home Inspector Jim Clark
After working three decades in the Chicago theater community (Goodman Theatre, Steppenwolf Theatre, The Theatre School at DePaul University, et al) as a stage carpenter, Technical Director, and other duties, Jim brought that wealth of experience to the real estate industry as a home inspector. Having built a variety of architecture from across the ages, and with a variety of materials, Jim has a good sense of what is possible — and what is just plain wrong! Having renovated some six theaters in that same time, he has experience with the demanding code requirements for public spaces, and with the contractors needed to achieve those requirements.
His eighteen years of experience as a home inspector has taken him into all types of buildings in every Chicago neighborhood and suburb. His intrepid and inquisitive nature is a perfect fit for his duties; taking him into the furthest reaches of an attic or crawlspace to find the smallest defect that may be hiding there.
Beginning his professional life as a teacher, he has a calm and approachable manner about him which makes for easy communication with his clients; the most important skill an inspector can have. He neither exaggerates or pulls any punches when describing the flaws that he finds in the components or structures he inspects. Always trying to keep the property conditions in perspective, Jim helps his clients maintain reasonable expectations about the flaws they find together.
He lives happily in Chicago with his wife, daughter, and mother-in-law.
True Blue Delivers Peace of Mind
Our purpose is to provide the most reliable and accurate information about the property that we can to our clients. By giving them a highly trained, unbiased perspective, we strive to offer clarity, direction and peace of mind to the home buyer. We focus on safety issues and the proper function of all systems and components.
Get Your Home Inspection Report Digitally
At True Blue Home Inspections we use HOME GAUGE reporting software, one of the most complete and versatile reporting systems in the country. We will set up a private link for you to the Home Gauge website. From there you may forward the report as you wish.
Both clients and agents both enjoy using the Create Request List feature with Home Gauge. This feature allows you to quickly assemble your request list for the Seller.
State-of-the-Art Equipment Means Thorough Results
We use state of the art equipment and technology to inspect your property efficiently and thoroughly check these critical areas:
- Flir Systems BCAM SD infrared thermal camera to survey the property for moisture, poor insulation, or equipment problems
- Minneapolis Blower Door is used for testing air leakage in a home
- Testo 327 Combustion Gas Analyzer to measure exhaust fume composition
- Z5 sampling cassettes for mold and allergen testing
- GE Protimeter moisture meter for moisture intrusion problems
- Rigid See Snake Micro Inspection Camera for viewing inside walls and equipment
- TIF8900 Combustible Gas Detector for finding gas leaks
- Delmhorst Thermo-Hygrometer for noting relative humidity, temperature, dew point
Licensed, Insured, and Certified Inspector
The President and owner of True Blue Home Inspections, Inc. is James Clark. His experience and expertise is as follows:
- Eighteen years experience in the home inspection industry
- Illinois Licensed Home Inspector #450.000378
- Certified Home Inspector Member of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors), #211696
- E&O insurance provided by Lockton Affinity
- No charge if cancelled before 24 hours of scheduled appointment.
- $100 fee due if cancelled within 24 hours of scheduled appointment.
- Full fee due if cancelled on site at appointment. Fee will be applied to next appointment.